About "Arbor 3: FSM & BT Graph Editor"
- I want to make games using finite state machines and behavior trees!
- However, I want to code my behavior that depends on game logic!
- A graph editing window of a finite state machine and a behavior tree that can be used at such time,
It is a simple graph editor asset that allows you to write scripts according to the behavior you want to create.
What is finite state machine (FSM)?
- The finite state machine, and behavior in a certain state, it is a mechanism for transition from the state to another.
- For example, switches and lights.
- The switch and the lamp there is a state of ON and OFF, will also be ON lamp if the ON switch.
- Switch is switched to ON If you press, is the behavior to switch to OFF and press again.
- Electric light will be the behavior to put the lights if ON.
For details, please refer to “State machine".
What is a Behaviour Tree (BT)?
- It is a tree structure of behaviors that makes it possible to handle the priority of action and the condition for doing actions as a set.
- For example, consider enemy AI.
- The behavior approaching the player is done if the distance to the player is short.
- In other cases, it will cycle around a fixed route.
- Behaviors approaching players can be said to have a higher priority than behaviors traveling on certain routes.
For details, see Behaviour Tree.